Submission: Gurdyroot Infusion
From Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
I was very excited to be contacted by Geek & Sundry! They asked me to post a recipe from Critical Hit Cocktails, on of their many vlogs. Critical Hit Cocktails features none other than Mitch Hutts, who you may know from The Drunken Moogle, a site featuring nerd-inspired cocktail recipes. This drink, Gurdyroot Infusion, was made for the Harry Potter trio by Xenophilius Lovegood (Luna Lovegood's father) during their visit to the Lovegood home in the 7th and final book. The drink was described as disgusting. Harry himself though it tasted like the liquid version of the booger flavored Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean. Luckily for you, Mitch decided to skip the bogey flavor. Find the recipe below and watch the video here!
2 oz Orange Juice
3 oz Sparkling Red Grape Juice
1 oz Ginger Ale
1 slice of fresh Ginger as a garnish
1) Put ice cubes into the serving cup.
2) Pour two ounces of orange juice over the ice.
3) Add three ounces of Sparking Red Grape Juice.
4) Add one ounce of ginger ale.
5) Garnish with a slice of gurdyroot (ginger).
6) Stir everything together.