From American Gods by Neil Gaiman
2lbs Extra Lean Ground Beef
1 Russet Potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 cup Carrots, chopped fine
1 White Onion, chopped fine
4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tbs Onion Powder
1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pie Crust, enough for 4 whole pies (Store-Bought is fine)
1) Combine potato, carrot, meat, onion and garlic into a large mixing bowl and stir together.
2) Add salt, pepper, onion powder, chicken bouillon and Worcestershire into the mixing bowl and mix, making sure the veggies and meat are evenly coated with seasonings.
3) In a large skillet, add the contents of the mixing bowl. Heat filling over Medium-High heat under potatoes and carrots soften and meat is cooked through. Taste and make sure the seasoning levels are to your liking, adjust if necessary. Once done, let mixture cool until no longer hot.
4) Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5) Divide Pie Dough into 8 even portions.
6) On a dry surface, roll out individual portion of dough into a circular shape 7-8 inches in diameter.
7) Add about 3/4 cup of filling to the center of the circle.
8) Fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges together to seal. Then fold the edges towards the pasty.
9) Cut three vertical slits into the center of the pasty for venting.
10) Place prepared pasty on the baking sheet and repeat steps 8-12 until all pasties are done.
11) Bake pasties for 30 minutes or until crust is golden and flaky.
Makes 8 Large Pasties